First, an old family favorite, buckeyes. These are one of my favorite Christmas cookies - like homemade Reese's (yum!), and they are super easy with only 4 ingredients!
- 1 stick softened unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1 lb. powdered sugar (3 1/2 cups)
- Semi- or bittersweet chocolate chips (I used about a bag and a half)
1. Beat butter, peanut butter, and powdered sugar together until blended (it may look a bit crumbly, but there shouldn't be patches of unmixed sugar).
2. Roll into small balls, separate on a cookie sheet, and chill or freeze until solid.
3. Melt chocolate in the microwave or over a double boiler, stirring frequently.
4. Using a toothpick, dip the peanut butter balls one at a time into the chocolate. Place back on cookie sheet and chill again until chocolate is hardened.
5. Smooth out the toothpick holes and serve!