My closet is overflowing (this is actually false: I don't have a closet, I have a hangy rack in the corner of my room, under-the-bed drawers, and part of a rod in the shared coat closet). I own too many clothes, and I want to be surrounded by things I love, not things that I kinda-sorta liked once upon a time and I now can't bring myself to get rid of.
So, I am setting up a challenge for myself: over the next year, I will try on every piece of clothing (... jewelry, shoes, etc) that I own and either find a place for it in an outfit that I am excited to wear, or donate it. I really hope this doesn't take a full year, but given my current work/commute schedule, I don't want to make any lofty promises I can't keep.
Now: who is with me? Tell me about it, send me pics, keep your own blog!
- Try on every "regular" article of clothing that you own.
- Style each as part of an outfit that you love and are excited to wear.
- Anything that cannot be styled in such a way has to be thrown out / donated / sold to a second hand store.
- Exceptions include workout or lounge clothes, pajamas, costumes, and special outfits like ski gear; however, these need to be worn regularly (or at least once a year, depending on the purpose) and still be things you like and in good condition. I also need to keep a few wintery things for my approximately yearly visits to places with real seasons; I may or may not style these since this isn't really a rotating part of my wardrobe anymore.
- Optional: keep photo proof of each successful outfit.
I own way too much to post all of the outfit pictures, but I will likely post some updates along the way. This is a little daunting, but I'm excited to force myself to get rid of some of the stuff I no longer want/need!